Homus are looking for internal Multimedia Journalist to contribute to the creation and building of the digital written content unit. Successful candidates in this role are skilled writers with a passion for the job, and an interest in the “built environment,” capable of both informing and entertaining our ever-growing audience. This role as a Reporter will be charged with creating content, managing the sponsored content funnel, building out contributor pipelines and assisting with the overall content strategy.
- Draft blog posts (at least twice a week), columns and other long-form, web-based content for external audiences.
- Work with internal teams to brainstorm content topics.
- Research content topics in collaboration with internal experts.
- Act as the editor for our website’s content/news: revising, editing and proofreading content as needed.
- Initiate and coordinate website updates with internal stakeholders.
- Upload content to the website and other digital platforms.
- Ensure articles are kept up-to-date and landing pages are refreshed daily.
- Ensure copy and images adhere to brand guidelines.
- In coordination with the graphics and content teams, identify and oversee the production of digital images for marketing purposes.
- In coordination with the graphics and content teams, ensure articles are added to the website with appropriate and necessary graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English or Communications
- 3 years of experience as a long-form copywriter or journalist
- Experience writing copy for the web
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- A detail-oriented self-starter
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Experience with HTML a plus
The Homus.org is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
To apply please submit your CV
[contact-form-7 id=”7″ title=”Contact form 1″]